The secret to long term weight loss and maintenance; Change your mind-set.
You need to change the way you think about food forever to achieve your goal.
Ask yourself the following questions;
- Do you know when you feel full or do you keep eating?
It can take 20 minutes for your brain to register that you are full. That’s a lot of extra food that you could consume in 20 minutes.
This is where knowing what a Portion size is will become invaluable.
- Do you feel hungry or could you be mistaking thirst for hunger?
Solution; try drinking a glass of water, wait 10 minutes and see if your ‘hunger has gone away’.
- Do you eat because its break time during work but you don’t really feel hungry?
By all means eat if you are hungry but it might be a good plan to make this a carbohydrate free area, (most snacks contain high amounts of carbs and are highly processed). Just think; scones, bars, crisps, chocolate etc.
- Do you eat because others are eating?
Again you need to ask yourself if you are hungry.
- Do you pick, because it’s there in front of you?
Again ask yourself are you hungry?
- When dining out do you find you are eating a bigger portion because it is put in front of you?
If you do a good solution to this is always leave something on your plate. Don’t feel guilty; you’re not a rubbish bin.
A good analogy I can across recently; you wouldn’t put diesel into a Ferrari.
- Fuel your body!
You can’t expect to perform at your best, whether it’s in work, school, home, sports etc. if you don’t feel at your best.