Vegetarian Salad with Creamy Cashew dressing.
Serves 4 as a lunch
For the salad.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, (standard size 425 g before draining )
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 3 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped raw broccoli
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- Bunch of chopped coriander
For the dressing.
- 75 g raw cashew nuts
- 120 mls water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 ½ tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Mileeven pure Organic honey
- Pinch sea salt
To make the dressing.
- Soak cashews in water for one hour to soften
- Pour cashews and liquid into a blender along with lemon juice & honey.
- Blend until you have a smooth, creamy texture, stir in mustard. Set aside while you make your salad.
- In a large bowl, add in the rinsed chickpeas.
- Stir in the celery, green onions, broccoli, red pepper & chopped coriander.
- Pour over the dressing & stir until combined.
- Serve on top of a leafy green salad leaves. Or just enjoy it all on its own!