If you are looking to add extra vegetables into your meals try this spaghetti bolognaise where I managed to add 6 vegetables (ok technically tomatoes are veg but I’m not planning on putting them into a fruit salad any time soon)! The family, including the youngest didn’t even notice. That’s a win!
The beef was from the local butchers & was 0% fat & so tasty.
1 large diced Onion
2 cloves crushed Garlic
2 grated Carrots
1 finely diced Red pepper
2 x 500g cartons of Tomato passata
150 mls milk.
1 punnet sliced Mushrooms
750 g Lean mince
Salt & Pepper
1-2 tsp Mixed herbs
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1 dessertspoon oil
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add in the onion & garlic & lightly fry until soft.
- Add in the mince & brown.
- Add in the mushrooms until cooked, then add the pepper.
- Season with salt & pepper & add all other ingredients.
- Simmer for 30-45 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with spaghetti.