Optimal Oat Bake!
If you crave comfort food and porridge is back on the menu, a warming breakfast is ideal during the coming months. This breakfast is great because it can be made the day before, eaten warm or cold and can be frozen too. Its ideal for lunch boxes or mid-morning /afternoon snacks & also makes a great pre workout snack.
224 Cals, 24 g carbs. 11 g protein
Drizzle with nut butter & Greek yoghurt & enjoy!
160 g Oats
1 large egg
2 medium bananas
3 tbls maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
350 ml almond milk
2 tbls almond butter
1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder (optional)
25 g roughly chopped hazelnuts
4 tbls Greek yoghurt 0% fat
- Preheat the oven to 165C.
- Mash the banana in a medium to large sized bowl.
- Mix in the egg, maple syrup, vanilla and almond milk.
- In a separate bowl mix the oats, cinnamon and hazelnuts.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry & with a fork mix together gently.
- Add the blueberries and gently mix in.
- Pour into a greased 8×10”
- Bake for 20-25 mins until set.
- This can be eaten warm or cold with a drizzle of almond butter & Greek yoghurt on top.