This is a gorgeous dessert or perfect post exercise recovery fuel, especially in warmer weather!
I freeze bananas when they are just getting a bit soft, so I have a supply always ready in the freezer.
Peel the banana, cut it into 2 or 3 pieces & pop them into a freezer bag to freeze.
For a Vegan version, use almond milk & a dairy free protein powder.
Serves 3 generous portions with 210 calories each & 12 g protein.
2 medium bananas, frozen.
1 pinch sea salt
1 scoop vanilla (or unflavoured vegan protein powder)
1 dessertspoon of cocoa powder
1 dessertspoon peanut butter
60 mls milk (or almond milk)
1 tsp vanilla essence
20 g hazelnuts, lightly chopped
- Peel, cut in half & freeze the bananas.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients except the hazelnuts.
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour into a shallow container, sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top.
- Freeze for 2 hours.
- Cut into 3 portions or scoop out into a bowl.