This is a hearty breakfast that will keep you feeling fuller for longer so if you think you may not get your morning snack this is a good option.
It also works well to eat half for breakfast & the rest as a snack.
At 490 Cals it is a high calorie breakfast so more of a 1-2 per week option.
Containing 30% of the average daily allowance of fat intake for a person it also contains 30% of your fibre.
40 g Oats
190 mls milk, (for the calories enclosed I used super milk low fat with added vit D)
1 tbls peanut butter
1 tbls milled flaxseed
1 tsp maple syrup
½ tsp vanilla
1 tsp cocoa powder
10 g chocolate chips
- Melt the peanut butter & maple syrup together until smooth, mix well.
- Mix in the vanilla & milk.
- In a bowl or jar mix the oats, chocolate chips & milled flaxseeds together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over.
- Seal & place in the fridge overnight to enjoy the next day.