I’ve enclosed a simple recipe that can be cooked in mins, made the day before or cooked in the oven. Use any veg of your choice, I love chicken or a combination of chickpeas or butter beans and vegetables.
- 2 tsp coconut oil.
- 1 onion, diced.
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- 1 piece of ginger finely chopped.
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- 1 dessertspoon of red or green curry paste (all the supermarkets will have it in a jar).
- Any veg you wish to use, e.g. carrots, celery, mange tout, green beans, baby sweetcorn, mushrooms etc.
- 1/2 can of low-fat coconut milk.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Melt the coconut oil & cook meat if using.
- Lightly fry the ginger, onion & garlic in the oil.
- Add the curry paste, cook for 1 min.
- Add everything else in.
- Simmer for 20 mins or cook in the oven at 180 for 30 mins.
You can freeze the sauce. Best done without the veg in.