Chicken & Cashew Stir Fry.
This easy recipe can be served on its own or with rice.
It’s so quick, the rice (if using) take the longest cooking time, with the stir fry ready in approx. 10 mins.
Ideal low carbohydrate meal for athletes rest day.
If served without rice this dish has 380 calories & 40 g Protein, (did you know broccolini & cashew nuts have some protein).
A 120 g portion of cooked rice adds 155 calories.
- 1 medium chicken fillet Chicken
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 small Onion
- 1 thumb or 2cm Ginger
- 65 g Broccolini
- 10 Cashews
- 25 g Peas
- 1 dessertspoon Soya sauce (or Tamari for a lower salt option)
- Dry fry the cashews in a pan for 2 mins, set aside.
- Dice the chicken.
- Dice the onion & finely chop or grate the ginger.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add in the diced chicken & cook for 4- 5 mins until cooked through.
- Add in the onion & garlic, cook for 1 min stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped broccolini & peas. Stir fry for 1 min to soften slightly.
- Add in the soya sauce & toss in the cashews.
- Serve straight away.
- Note; if possible, use a low salt soya sauce to reduce the salt content.