Beetroot Brownies, Gluten free
Brownies, you just cant go wrong with them!
Perfect as an occasional treat, these brownies have approx 185 cals each.
These ‘gluten free’ brownies are really tasty & have added beetroot to make them extra healthy & also helps keep them moist. Beetroots contain nitrates which may be helpful to an athletes performance during events. The beetroot isn’t obvious on tasting the brownies. Make the day before & store overnight in the fridge or eat straight away.
75 g maple syrup
110 g ground almonds
80 g butter
2 beetroot, (vacuum pack)
Pinch sea salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 level tsp baking powder
2 dessertspoons cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate
50 g hazelnuts, chopped
1. Melt the butter.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Blend the beetroot.
4. Mix the almonds, sea salt, baking powder & cacao together in a large bowl.
5. Mix the maple syrup, butter, eggs, chocolate, beetroot & vanilla essence together in a separate bowl.
6. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
7. Pour into a ‘swiss roll’ tin. Sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
8. Cook at 180C for 15-18 mins until its almost set, allow to cool before cutting into 16 pieces.