Brownies, you just cant go wrong with them!
Perfect as an occasional treat, these brownies have approx 185 cals each.
These ‘gluten free’ brownies are really tasty & have added beetroot to make them extra healthy & also helps keep them moist. Beetroots contain nitrates which may be helpful to an athletes performance during events. The beetroot isn’t obvious on tasting the brownies. Make the day before & store overnight in the fridge or eat straight away.
75 g maple syrup
110 g ground almonds
80 g butter
2 beetroot, (vacuum pack)
Pinch sea salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 level tsp baking powder
2 dessertspoons cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate
50 g hazelnuts, chopped
1. Melt the butter.
2. Melt the chocolate.
3. Blend the beetroot.
4. Mix the almonds, sea salt, baking powder & cacao together in a large bowl.
5. Mix the maple syrup, butter, eggs, chocolate, beetroot & vanilla essence together in a separate bowl.
6. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
7. Pour into a ‘swiss roll’ tin. Sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts.
8. Cook at 180C for 15-18 mins until its almost set, allow to cool before cutting into 16 pieces.