Egg muffins; Serve 8
An easy savoury snack that can be eaten warm or chilled. Ideal snack, breakfast or lunchtime receipe.
6 large eggs
½ cup chopped spinach
½ red pepper finely diced
25 g smoked trout or salmon
Pinch sea salt & black pepper
Olive oil, light spray.
- Spray a muffin tin with oil.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, salt & pepper together.
- Wash & chop the spinach & peppers into small dice.
- Divide the veg between the muffin tin x 8, add the diced salmon.
- Pour the mixture into the cases. (Depending on eggs sizes you may get more than 8).
- Cook for 12-15 mins until firm to touch.
- Can be eaten warm or cold.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Note you can change the fish for fresh salmon, trout or a sprinkle of goats cheese.