DIETARY COACHING & PERFORMANCE NUTRITION
Jackie qualified as a Chef from DIT, Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin & spent the next 10 years working in many different locations in Ireland & The UK including the prestigious 5-star Ashford Castle, Co. Mayo. Jackie also completed a Diploma in Training & Continuing Education from NUI Maynooth & a B-Tec in Supervisory Management.
Jackie has since graduated from the Institute of Health Sciences as a Dietary Coach & a Performance Nutritionist, after seeing first-hand the benefits that the correct nutrition can make to living a healthy lifestyle. Keeping up to date with new research is key to continuing to offer the best information & service available. Jackie regularly attends seminars & conferences in Ireland & abroad. From her experience she is well placed to provide tasty recipes and time saving tips when cooking nutritious fresh food.
A keen athlete herself, having run numerous marathons (including a podium finish), & an Ultra marathon, Jackie can offer advice on general day to day eating for health & energy & also performance nutrition to improve your performance in training, competition & recovery in both the workplace & the playing field. This is as individual as you are & is tailored to suit you to ensure you are taking on the correct fuelling throughout.
Jackie has built up her client base over the years mainly through her high success rates. She currently has clients nationwide, travelling to Kilkenny to avail of her services. Athletes include sports people from many disciplines including; Runners up to Ultra, Triathlon up to Ironman events, Cyclists, Swimmers, GAA, Martial Arts, Canoeists, Badminton, Adventure Races, Golf, Equestrian, Tennis, Cross Fit & Body Builders etc, many who have won their events outright while working with Jackie.
Savour Kilkenny, one of the most popular & largest Irish food festivals, Jackie has taken part for the last three years working with leading Chefs to produce healthier versions of everyday foods & doing quick fire one to one sessions with Savour Kilkenny followers.
Jackie has spoken on radio on several occasions discussing healthy eating & providing tips to incorporate small changes to your lifestyle.
Qualifications include : Dip NUIM – T&CE, Dip D&N – ITEC, Cert DC – IHS and Dip Culinary Arts -LCG, CPSN, UKAD Clean Sport Advisor.
Fully insured & a member of the FNTP, Jackie is a qualified, experienced, professional.
I am dedicated & love to see everyone improve their health by the most natural method of all. Having spent many years trying every diet I discovered this is the most successful way to live a healthy balanced life. I look forward to sharing my expertise, knowledge & experience to help you achieve better health.
How a Dietary Coaching consultation works
Your first consultation takes approximately 1 hour. During this we will take a detailed history and look at any how you feel now & what you want to achieve from the Dietary Coaching. We discuss your discuss your health both present & past, current lifestyle etc.
- You will ideally have kept a food diary which we can discuss when you make your first appointment.
- We will weigh and measure you, check your bmi, waist circumference and discuss your goals.
- We will set realistic goals and discuss a time frame to complete each goal.
- You will receive a meal plan, tailored to suit you.
- Recipes, correct portions sizes for you, hints, tips etc.
Follow up consultations are usually on a weekly/fortnightly basis, but this can be altered to suit you. All consultations can be carried out online or in person.
Athlete Success stories
Athlete Success stories
I have worked with athletes who have completed many worldwide events with podium finish’s in some events.
- The Montane Spine Race is widely regarded as one of the world’s toughest endurance races. A 268-mile, non-stop mountain challenge taking place over 7 days where nutrition is key!
- The ‘Race’ is a 250 km unsupported multisport endurance event taking place in the rugged landscape of North Donegal.
- Ironman events throughout the world with numerous clients. (Swim 2.4 miles, Cycle 112 miles then Run 26.2 km)
- ‘Multi day’ (12 marathons in 12 days), multi day Cycling events, Wild Atlantic Way by foot bike.
- The Liffey Descent; 30 km canoe race over 12 weirs, Kildare to Dublin.
- International Sella Descent, Spain where competitors kayak down river for 22km.
- Coaching of members of a cycling club doing multi day Sportive.
- Athletes, runners, swimmers, triathletes, adventure race competitors, martial arts, GAA male, female individuals & team, equestrian, strength athletes. Irish team Karate members.
Weight loss Success stories
Weight loss Success stories
- Weight loss winners: determined to lose weight & achieve their goals, (a personal goal for one lady was 5 stone which they achieved). They stuck with the plan every week until they achieved their goal.
- A lady’s health was suffering & they were worried that they could not play with their children unless they lost weight & got fitter. They went on to lose 3 stone & now say they are able to go on bike rides with the kids.
- A forthcoming wedding led to a gent losing 10 kg. You could see how proud he was in those wedding photos.
- Pre-diabetes: the shock warning led a client to turning his health around completely by changing his diet & lifestyle, losing 5kg with no further health warnings to date.
- One male, who did not know the right type of food to eat in order to live a healthy life managed to reduce his cholesterol into the normal range by making adjustments to his diet while coached by Optimal Health & Performance.